Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Makeup Pictorial: Vibrant Green, Blue, and Purple Eyes

Hello!

Today's pictorial is going to be a fun one. I have been dying to work with more vibrant colors, and now is the perfect time to do so. Summer is here and it's time to get creative!

Let's get started! :)

First, prime your lids and lay down a white eyeshadow base. I am using NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk:

 Then blend the base with your finger:
 Next, take a chartreuse (yellow-ish green) shadow and apply it to the inner half of your eyelid. I am using this color from my BH Cosmetics 120 Palette 3rd Edition and a Real Techniques Shading brush:

 Then, apply a blue eyeshadow to the outer half of your eyelid:

 Next, take a larger brush, like this Real Techniques Domed Shadow brush and a royal purple shadow and run it along your crease:

 Then blend everything together with a large fluffy brush. I am using the Sigma E40 brush:
 Then, apply your eyeliner as desired. I am going for my usual winged liner with the help of NYX Collection Noir liquid eyeliner:
 Now you can totally leave the eye look off right there and be done, but I wanted to kick it up a notch, so I applied that same white eye pencil to my bottom lash line:
 Then I went over it with that same purple color and a pencil brush. This one is from Crown Brush:
 Then I added some depth with a black eyeshadow and a flat brush:
 And then I blended it out with that same pencil brush:
 Now that the shadow is done, apply a coat or two of mascara. I am using L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black mascara:
 You can leave the look just like that, but if you know me, you know I like my false lashes :)
I am using Ardell #105 lashes and Revlon brush-on adhesive:


 And VOILA!!! All done!










This is such a fun eye makeup look. I realize that it's not for every day wear, but this would be something fun to try out if you are going out with your girlfriends. I love working with bolder colors and I think that makeup should be fun and different :)

Want to see more pictorials like this? Sound off in the comments!
Be sure to follow the NEW Instagram @angelacollinsbeauty !

xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment