Monday, February 17, 2014

Makeup Pictorial: Radiant Orchid-Inspired Purple Smokey Eye

Hi dolls!

Since there has been so much buzz about the Pantone Color of the Year, which is Radiant Orchid (More info here!), I figured I would do a purple eye look.

So let's get started!

First, I primed my eyelids and used the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk to ensure that the colors I use are their truest pigment:
 Then I took this lilac color from my BH Cosmetics 120 Palette 3rd Edition and swept it over the entire lid:

 Next I wanted more shimmer, so I took this lilac pigment from NYX and packed it on top of the shadow:



To deepen the crease, I used NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Skinny Dip with my Sigma E25 brush:


 I also used this color to smoke out my lower lash line with a pencil brush:

 Then, I applied a winged liner with Wet N Wild Megaliner:

 Lastly, I applied my mascara and VOILA! All done!

Sooooo pretty. I think purple shadow looks great on hazel/green eyes, but it honestly looks so great on everyone. I know this isn't exactly the same shade as Radiant Orchid, but it's definitely a much more tame way of incorporating the color into your makeup look.


Want to see more pictorials? Sound off in the comments!

INSTAGRAM: @angelamcollins

xoxo, Ang

2 comments:

  1. This is a such a great color on you. The mascara and eyeliner really make this look pop.

    ReplyDelete