Sunday, February 2, 2014

Pictorial: Two Looks, One Palette: Urban Decay NAKED2

HIIIIIIIIIIII :)

I have been gone way too long. What a crazy week! I had lots of school stuff to do and I got way too busy!!! But here I am, and today I am bringing you not 1, but 2 new pictorials! WHHHHAAAAT????

The palette I'm featuring today is the Urban Decay NAKED2 (Available here!). This is the more tame palette in the series of 3. In my opinion, I think this is the best one.

So let's get started! I already primed my first lid with MAC Painterly Paint Pot. Next I'm taking the color Verve (Taupe/Silver shade) and applying that to my entire lid:


 Then I took Pistol (Gunmetal shimmer) and defined the crease, and then blended it all together:

 To highlight the brow bone, I used Bootycall (shimmery pale pink). This is one of my favorite shades:

 Then I applied my liner as desired. I actually used an angled brush this time. It's definitely a smooth application, but I don't know if I would do this every day:

 Then I applied Pistol to the bottom lash line to tie it all together:
 And here is the first look, all done!
This is a look that I could rock every day, since this is how I normally apply my shadow.
This next look is totally out of my comfort zone, but I think it looks awesome.

First, I applied Busted to the inner and outer third of my eyelid:

 This is apparently the new trend for smokey eyes. Personally, it doesn't work for me. But, it's interesting.
 Next I took YDK and filled in the center of my lid:
 To blend, I used Snakebite and defined my crease:

 I did not apply liner to the upper lash line (crazy, right?), but I did take Busted to the bottom:
 And here is look number 2:
 Above are both looks, side by side. If I'm sticking with tradition, I would go with number 1. However, look number 2 is very sassy and I absolutely love the copper/rose gold shadow.

I have had this palette for years, but I only recently learned about all of the looks that I can create with them!

Want to see more Two Looks, One Palette? Or maybe just another pictorial? Sound off in the comments!

INSTAGRAM: @angelamcollins (set to private, please request to follow)

xoxo, Ang

2 comments:

  1. I really love that you can show the versatility of a palette with this kind of post, definitely do more like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete