Sunday, February 23, 2014

My Contour/Highlighting Routine

Well hello there!

I figured it was about time I shared how I contour and highlight my face. I will warn you, the way I do it for this blog post is very extreme. I had to do it that way in order for the camera to pick up the colors.


The contour color I am using today is from the ELF Cosmetics Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia (here!). I am also using the realTechniques Setting Brush (here!)

First I take the bronzer and chisel out my cheekbones. You want to find the hollow area just below your actual cheekbone. Then, draw a line from your ear to about halfway towards your mouth:


 The result should look like this:
 Next, I create a shadow on my forehead and contour my chin. Once again, this is much more extreme than I normally do:
 Next, I contour the sides of my nose to make it appear narrower:
 Once my contour map is all laid out, I buff everything in with my Sigma F80 Brush:
 And here is the result of the contouring!
 Now it's time for highlighting! I am using the Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls and my realTechniques Expert Face Brush
 First, I highlight my actual cheekbones:
 Then I run the highlight down the center of my nose:
 And I also highlight the center of my forehead:
And voila! All done!
Now the contour and highlight I do is using powder products, and I do this AFTER foundation and concealer. If you want to contour under foundation, you will need to use cream products. I have yet to try out a cream contour, but once I do I will show you how it turns out!


Want to see more posts like this? Sound off in the comments!


INSTAGRAM: @angelamcollins


xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment