Monday, February 3, 2014

January 2014 Favorites and One Unfavorite

Helloooooo! :)

Today I am sharing my favorite products for the month of January. This month went by so quickly, but I am so over this cold weather, so this winter can keep on moving!

So let's get started!

My first favorite is a brush, and it is the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush. (Available here!) Please go read my Review on this brush and you'll understand why I love it so much. I use this with my Revlon PhotoReady Foundation (liquid, not the airbrush kind) and it makes my skin look so beautiful. It really does a great job of getting around my nose and my chin areas too, which is awesome. I have yet to find a drugstore dupe for this brush, but I will recommend the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (Available here!) as a great alternative.

My next favorite is a concealer, and it is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer (Available here!). This is the ONLY concealer I have found that does not crease or slide off at all on my face. I absolutely love this concealer because it blends so easily and it really does conceal my dark circles and the green/blue veins I have under my eyes. I use this with my beautyblender, or I just rely on the built-in sponge tip.

My next favorite is a lip crayon, and it is the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry (Available here!). This is a color that I would not normally choose for myself, but I have grown to love it. The application is so easy, and it truly is a matte shade. It doesn't dry my lips out too badly, and it really lasts most of the day. Go read my Showdown post to see the shade on my lips!

My final favorite is a hand cream, and it is the Gold Bond Ultimate Intensive Healing Hand Cream (More info here!). This has saved my hands during these dry winter months. My hands get so dry from washing them so often that my knuckles will crack and bleed, which is so painful! This hand cream is so thick and luxurious, yet it absorbs in seconds. It also lasts through handwashing, which is a plus for me.

Ok, there were my FAVES! Now time for the not-so-faves...not every month can go perfectly, right? Even though we want it to.

My Un-favorite this month is a shampoo and conditioner. It is the Organix Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo and Conditioner (Available here, if you dare). This is an unfavorite for me because, although it smells great and made my hair nice and soft, my entire face broke out in cystic acne!!! And I can prove it because my husband used it as well and broke out. The acne on my face does not pop, and it hasn't gone away even after I switched back to my other shampoo and conditioner. I'm sorry, but if something is supposed to be an all-natural formula, it shouldn't include a skin irritant in it's ingredients. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing this again.


Well, there you have it! My monthly favorites for the month of January, and one unfavorite. February is going to go by SO quickly, so I will be posting another favorites post in a few short weeks!

Have a post suggestion? Sound off in the comments!

INSTAGRAM: @angelamcollins

xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment