Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Review: Sigma F80, E40, E25, + E05 Makeup Brushes

Hi dolls!

Today I decided to review something that I truly have been wanting for quite some time. I was finally able to purchase them after the holidays (HOORAY for gift cards, right?).
When it comes to makeup application, the brush is so very important. Although your fingers can apply all kinds of products, cream and powder, a brush can really extend the wear of makeup from a few hours to all day. I will say that the cost does not matter. In my opinion, I love human hair brushes for blending and applying pigments and shadows, blushes and powders, even some foundations. Taklon bristles are perfection for cream or gel eyeliners, shadow bases, concealers, etc.
Let's move on. Here are the brushes I will be reviewing for you:

These brushes are from Sigma Beauty (website here!). They are a higher-end brand of makeup brushes and accessories, and they even carry some makeup as well.
The brush on the top left of the photo is the F80, otherwise known as the Flat Top Kabuki Brush. It is a duo-fibre brush that is amazing for liquid foundations, some cream foundations, and powders. I used this brush with my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, which is very thick and creamy. Gals, I'm not kidding when I say that this brush upped my foundation game. I mean, it gave me a whole new face! This brush blended my foundation so well that I didn't need to go over it with a BeautyBlender or anything! And I will add that you do not need much product to achieve such a look when using this brush. I have yet to use it with powders, but I have heard nothing but wonderful things about that.
The next photo down shows you the E40, otherwise known as the Tapered Blending Brush. These are synthetic bristles, and this is a seriously soft brush. It picks up product so easily, so you don't need a whole lot, and it does an awesome job at softening your crease color so there are no harsh lines. This is a very popular brush among beauty gurus, and I have a feeling that this brush and I are going to have a wonderful, long-lasting relationship.
The bottom left photo is of the E25, aka the Blending Brush. This is a brush that is perfect for deepening your crease and creating the illusion of deep-set eyelids, a la Marilyn Monroe or even Jessica Rabbit. I love this brush for my eyes because I have partially hooded lids, so I don't have much crease to work with. This brush helps to define my crease and give it more depth.
The bottom center photo shows the E05, aka the Eyeliner Brush. This was actually a free gift since I spent over $30 before tax. I'm going to be honest here, since I feel that you deserve to know. I am not a huge fan of this brush. I tend to go for a longer bristle when applying my eyeliner. My typical brush is the Real Techniques Fine Liner brush, and I feel that the Sigma brush resembles something you would typically get with a gel eyeliner as a set. When I tried to apply liner to my lids, the brush dragged the liner across my lashline, creating those stop-and-go tidalwaves that are such a pain in the butt to correct, even when I pulled my lid taut. However, I have yet to try it with liquid liner. Perhaps it has a better result, but this is just about what I would expect out of a "gift with purchase" product.
Overall, these brushes are fantastic, and you actually get a brochure in your order with all of the brushes that Sigma offers, individual and sets, for future reference. I actually "checked off" the brushes I purchased and made note of ones I would like in the future. Do you need these in your life, like, yesterday? Depends on if you are willing to splurge on them. You can easily find dupes for these brushes at the craft store (again, Taklon bristles are awesome for makeup!). If you are truly willing to spend the big bucks on these, I would probably start off with just a few individual brushes and work your way up from there. I am completely against purchasing brush sets because there will be brushes you like and others you will never touch. Better to save your money on brushes you will love from first swipe!

Another product from Sigma that I personally LURVE is the Brush Cleaning Glove (Shown here!). Expensive? Kinda. However, it will change your brush cleaning game FOREVER!!! I will gladly do a review and also show y'all how I clean my brushes soon :)


Until we meet again my beauties!

xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment