Monday, January 6, 2014

First Blog Post + Everyday Makeup Look!

I think it's only fair to begin this post with WELCOME! I am so excited to be launching my beauty blog today. I have been dreaming of this day for several months now and it is finally coming true!

Here's a little back story about me: I am a 24-year-old self-taught "artist" from Michigan. I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 7 months. I am currently studying to become a medical biller, and I also enjoy the finer things in life, like Jack Daniels and The Walking Dead :)

My purpose for creating this blog is to help those that want to also become self-taught beauty gurus. I have been putting makeup on my own face since I was about 13 (yikes!), and let me tell you it wasn't pretty. Let's just say it involved a lot of blue mascara and silver (yes, silver) lipstick. Very futuristic, I know. Eventually, I began learning just like you will be here: YouTube, blogs, TV shows, Sephora and MAC stores, etc. and here I am!

All right, enough about me. Now it's time to get into what you are really here for: Beauty. Here is how I created this look that I typically wear on the daily:


Products Used:

Lids: Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Sellout (shimmery neutral)
Crease: Urban Decay NAKED2 palette, Tease (matte mauve); NYX nude matte shadow in Skinny Dip (matte deep plum)
Liner: Ulta Extreme Wear Gel Eyeliner in Primetime (shimmery black)
Mascara: Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara
Lashes: Velour Eyelashes in Strike a Pose
Brows: Any matte dark brown and an angled brush will do!
Foundation: Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
Powder: NYX Stay Matte but not Flat Powder Foundation in Light
Contour: Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Lip Liner: Jordana Cosmetics in Tawny
Lip Color: NYX Round Case Lipstick in Thalia
Brushes: Sigma E40 (blending crease), Sigma E25 (working in deep plum color), Real Techniques Fine Liner (gel liner), Sigma Flat Top Kabuki (Foundation), Real Techniques Setting Brush (contour)


I promise that I will be doing more in-depth posts about how I apply certain things, how I contour, how I shape my brows, etc. I just really wanted to get this first post out so that I could welcome myself into the Beauty Blog community :)

Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more posts!!!

xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment