Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review: Velour Lashes - Strike a Pose

Hello my lovelies!

Today I decided to do a review on some lashes that I just recently got for myself for Christmas. I normally wear Ardell Wispies or House of Lashes in Femme Fatale, but this time around I decided to splurge.

Here is a photo of the lashes I got:

These are the Velour Lashes in the style Strike a Pose (Available here!). They are $34.99 + tax and shipping. Pretty steep, but they do last quite a long time (you can wear them 25 times before needing to replace!)
Now I typically go for lashes that are longer towards the outer corner of my eyes (like the Ardell Demi [#120]), but these ones caught my eye, especially after seeing them on one of my YouTube idols, Jaclyn Hill (here's her YouTube channel!). She swears by this style.
When I received them and opened the packaging, I could not believe how beautiful they looked. When you actually take them out of the tray, they are so lightweight and soft! They also have a cotton band, which I feel makes the glue application process that much easier, as it becomes tacky much quicker.
Speaking of applying the lashes, I was so surprised at how much easier they are to apply than the less expensive kinds of lashes I've been wearing. The cotton band allows the lashes to bend and flex onto your eyelid, which also helps in sizing the lashes before you apply the glue.
One of the things that I really look for in a pair of lashes is whether or not I need to blend my natural lashes with mascara, and whether or not I need to curl my lashes. These lashes are no joke, y'all. I applied them to my eyelid, pinched my lashes to the Velour ones with tweezers, and not only were they dry within a minute, but they do NOT require any kind of blending or curling!!! Now, this particular style is fairly dramatic, but I was able to wear them for a daytime look and they were just stunning (see previous blog post for photos!)

Overall, I absolutely love this particular style. For the money, they are worth it. However, if you do not feel like splurging on lashes (totally understandable), Ardell is my all-time favorite drugstore lash brand and they only cost about $4 per pair. They have all kinds of styles to suit your eyes (My favorites are the Demi [120] and the Wispies).

I hope you enjoyed today's post! Stay tuned for all kinds of exciting stuff! :)

xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment