Monday, January 20, 2014

Makeup Pictorial: Vibrant Purple/Pink Eyes w/Nude Pink Lip

Hi dolls!

So today's blog post is the first of it's kind. I am going to try my best to incorporate some pictorials to show you how to create certain looks. Today's look is inspired by Jennifer Lopez's makeup look from the American Idol auditions in San Francisco.


I have yet to find a photo or video of it. If anyone can find it, PLEASE let me know!

Let's get started!

First you will want to prime your eyelids. I am using the MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot in Painterly (Available here!). Swipe over your eyelid with your fingers:

 Next, you'll want to apply a white cream base so that the colors are at their most vibrant. I am using the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (Available here!). Make sure to blend it out with your fingers as well:

 Now for the fun part. The shadows I'm using are from the BH Cosmetics 120 Palette 3rd Edition (Available here!). First, select a Lilac shadow and sweep it all over the lids:


Next you'll want to select a hot pink shade for your crease. I mixed these 2 shades and applied them to my crease:

 Then, to deepen the crease and add more variety of colors, I chose a vibrant purple and placed it in the outer "V" of my eye:
 Then, I took my Sigma E40 and blended everything out:

Next I took a pearly white color and applied it to my inner tear duct with my finger:
 Next, apply your eyeliner as desired. I chose Ulta Extreme Wear Gel Eyeliner in Primetime and did my signature wing:

Then I decided I needed something on my lower lash line, so I applied the same vibrant purple color from the crease:


 Then apply your mascara as desired. Be sure to visit my Mascara Routine post!
Now for that J-Lo glow. I'm using the Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls to add highlight to my cheeks:


For the lips, I decided to go with a mixture of Revlon's Soft Nude and MAC Angel:

And here's the finished look!

And since I know people will ask, my nail color is OPI Feelin Hot, Hot, Hot and the accent nail is Essie Blanc with Sinful Colors silver glitter polish :)

I absolutely love this look. I think it is super fun and would look great on everyone!

I had a lot of fun making this for you. If you would like to see more pictorials, sound off in the comments!!!

xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment