Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review: Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Primer

Hi Lovelies!!

Today's review has been a long time coming. I have been wanting this product for so long and FINALLY was able to purchase it after Christmas. It is the Benefit POREfessional Primer (Available here!)

Photos are from my phone, so I apologize for the low quality.


This product claims to minimize the appearance of pores while also filling them in and smoothing your complexion prior to foundation.

Here is what the consistency looks like:


Looks gross at first, huh? This is the original formula. I believe they make a few other formulas but they haven't received the best of reviews.
This product is pretty darn fantastic. I have a naturally dry, scaly nose (even though the rest of my face is oily). I applied this product after moisturizer, focusing on my nose, and BAM! No more large pores and no dry patches. When I applied my foundation, it glided on my skin so well. I seriously did not need powder afterwards. My foundation stayed on all day (which is no easy feat!)

Do you need this exact primer in your life? Well, not necessarily. I recommend something that has been circulating Pinterest for a very long time. It is the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel (Available here!) I know it sounds weird, putting Monistat on your face, but it really does work! Maybelline also came out with a primer called Baby Skin that is another great drugstore option (Available here!). No matter what, I truly believe that you need a primer in your collection. It will seriously improve the wear of your foundation.

As with any primer, you want to make sure that you apply a moisturizer first. I typically moisturize and prime my face, then move onto the eyes, then apply my foundation. This gives the primer some time to settle into the skin so you're not moving it around with your brush/sponge.

Want to see more reviews??? Sound off in the comments!

Instagram: @angelamcollins (set to private, please request to follow)

xoxo, Ang


3 comments:

  1. I almost got the baby skin today but wasnt sure if id like it! I might have to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've heard it works really well! If you do end up getting it, let me know if it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the baby skin and I like it! My nose is all visible pores and it really smoothed it out!

    ReplyDelete