Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review: Urban Decay NAKED Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face & Body

Hello lovely ladies (and gentlemen ;))

Today I am reviewing a fairly new product from Urban Decay. It is the NAKED Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face & Body (Available here!):
This product claims to "create an instant glow". In the swatch above, it definitely gives off a lovely glow. However, if you want to blend the powder, the concentration of shimmer instantly goes away and kind of dusts off. Sure, it gives off a very lovely sheen to the skin, but if you are looking for a highlighter, this is not it.
I'm pretty sure this product was designed to just give a subtle amount to sparkle to places like your shoulders and collarbone. I just could not justify spending $29 on glitter. I was definitely expecting more from a brand like Urban Decay. Maybe they'll come out with an actual highlighter in the future.

If you are looking for more of a highlighter, I suggest the Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls (Available here!):


This gives off the most amazing, pearly glow to anyone's cheekbones. I absolutely love it, and for half the price of the Urban Decay powder, it gives off much better results.

As I am writing this post, I have already returned the powder. What's the sense in having something in your collection that you will NEVER use, right? Plus, Ulta is extremely amazing and accepts products whether they are used or not. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my rewards points back, but oh well. Life goes on :)

Want to see more reviews like this? Sound off in the comments!!! And spread the word. I love new readers :)

xoxo, Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment